[TFLA-list] Textbooks / curriculum...

Michael Wagner mwagner at mcgregor-isd.org
Tue Mar 28 16:53:59 EDT 2017

Dear Colleagues:

A few months back several in LOTE community were wanting feedback on
textbooks. My question is not about which textbooks you are thinking of
adopting. My question is who approaches the teaching of his/her classes
with comprehensible input (CI) as the main deciding and driving factor?

Here at McGregor High School we have stopped using the "traditional"
textbook. Instead we have gone towards letting CI dictate how we approach
our classes and how we design our curriculum and lesson plans. We have been
using CI now for the last five (5) years and we absolutely love it!!!

It would be great to be able to share ideas and strategies with others who
also are using CI in their classrooms.

So, who out there is using CI in their language classrooms?

Michael E. Wagner
McGregor High School
903 Bluebonnet Parkway
PO Box 356