[TFLA-list] opinions about 'Que chevere' / any Spanish 1-3 textbook you love

Ashley Aldridge aggieash96 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 12:17:33 EST 2017

We're just coming out of our adoption from Realidades, and we've gotten way
away from using them for level 2 because they're so outdated.  Our district
is in the midst of adopting new books for 2017, and it's likely though not
assuredly that Así Se Dice will be approved.  They have great online
content and align with the content units that our district-wide cadre has
agreed to set in place.  In the end, I personally feel that textbooks
aren't necessary with the focus on ACTFL proficiency, IPA's,  PBL, and
incorporation authentic materials in language learning.  They're just a
resource at best.