[TFLA-list] opinions about 'Que chevere' / any Spanish 1-3 textbook you love

Elizabeth Glidden elizaglidd at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 18 12:30:56 EST 2017

My understanding is that Realidades has not been substantially updated.

It is worth noting how the various programs were rated by the TEA committee
for compliance with the 2014 LOTE TEKS. If the publisher does not appear in
the report, it is because they did not submit.
http://tea.texas.gov/Curriculum_and_Instructional_Programs/Instructional_Mat
erials/Review_and_Adoption_Process/Proclamation_2017/

In my personal opinion, the best offering is Español Santillana. It is based
on ACTFL standards, is 100% in accord with the TEKS, is engaging and has
truly integrated authentic culture into the language learning materials. The
program is 1-4 and is well worth considering. You can learn more about it
and request a sample here:
http://www.santillanausa.com/