[TFLA-list] Please forwrd the following message to TFLA colleauges

Hulke, Billie Billie_Hulke at baylor.edu
Thu Sep 22 12:57:31 EDT 2016

Greetings TFLA Colleagues!

Just sharing a few updates regarding programs in the Department of Modern Languages and Cultures at Baylor University that we hope will interest you and your high-achieving students.

1.      This year, Distinguished Scholars' Day (DSD) will take place on November 18. This is an event for outstanding high school students who are interested in studying Spanish or Portuguese at Baylor University. These high-achieving students can apply for a Distinguished Scholarship of $3,000 renewable for up to four years of undergraduate study. We are seeking the help of our TFLA colleagues to spread the word about this event.

2.       Baylor University now has a Baylor Bound Agreement with South Texas College in McAllen, my hometown and several colleagues who have roots in the "valle."  Our hope is that many of these outstanding transfer students will continue their study of Spanish or another language (11 languages in our Department of Modern Languages and Cultures) which can easily be coupled with any major a student may pursue.

3.      Contact Person at Baylor University Department of Modern Languages and Cultures : Dr. Alex McNair, Division Director of Spanish and Portuguese,  Alex_McNair at baylor.edu<mailto:Alex_McNair at baylor.edu>

Muchísimas gracias y nos vemos en octubre
Billie Hulke

Billie Hulke
Senior Lecturer of Spanish
Division of Spanish and Portuguese
Modern Foreign Language Department
Draper 154.04
Phone: 6017
Baylor University
Billie_Hulke at baylor.edu<mailto:Billie_Hulke at baylor.edu>

College Board Endorsed Consultant for AP Spanish Language and Literature
TFLA Regional Coordinator for Waco-Austin Area
AATSP Committee for Higher Education