[TFLA-list] Translation charges

Joyce Mery joyce.mery at gcisd.net
Sat Oct 1 11:26:34 EDT 2016

Long ago, I used to do translations from French into English and charge 10
cents a word. It was mostly technical translations. If you assume 500-600
words a page depending on the pt, (10pt, 12pt...), that would be $50-$60
per page.

I know you can charge a lot more today. You may want to check out what
translation companies charge. You can then ask for a bit less.

I think charging by the word is more concrete than charging by the hour, if
you know what I mean.

Good luck, Lisa!
Joyce

--
Joyce Mery
Dove Elementary School

 @joyceamery
*"What we learn with pleasure we never forget." (Alfred Mercier)*

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including all attachments, is
student and/or employee information.  Unauthorized use and/or disclosure is
prohibited under the federal Family Education & Privacy Act (20 U.S.C.
section 1232g, 34 CFS Part 99, 19TAC 247.2, Texas Government Code 552.023,
Texas Education Code 21.355, 29 CFR 1630.14(b)(c)).  If you are not the
intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, copy or disseminate this
information.  Please call the sender immediately or reply by email and
destroy all copies of the original message, including attachments.