[TFLA-list] Remediation activities for students

Lisa Katzenstein lkatzen at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 16 10:58:18 EDT 2016

Hi TFLAers,

First of all, thanks to everyone who wrote to give me info on Web sites and software for Spanish language drills.  I really appreciated that.

Now, I've been asked for remediation activities for community college students who are failing a foreign language.  They did a survey last year of the following activities, and no more than 50% of the students were extremely interested in any of the below:

Tutoring, language workshops, online learning activities, the foreign language lab, small study groups, FL conversation group, foreign films, etc.

Can you think of any other activities, like maybe inviting  a famous guest speaker who is fluent in the languages that the students study?  I'm all ears.  Thanks in advance.

Lisa Katzenstein