[TFLA-list] Spanish placement tests

elizabeth.renteria at yahoo.com elizabeth.renteria at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 09:51:04 EDT 2014

Our placement test "VOC" (vertification of credit) is designed by a group of Spanish teachers in our district for each level of Spanish. We give it out during the last class period of the day and it runs for like an hour and a half after school sometimes. It is offered twice a year, once in the fall and then in the spring at the school and the district gives it out in the summer.

The students sign up for it through the counselors. The test consist of four parts (reading/writing/speaking/listening), all written in Spanish including the instructions. Once we the teachers grade them, we give the list to our counselors for the credit. If they score pretty high, we normally talk with the student to convince him/her to take AP Spanish.

Hope this helps get you started.