[TFLA-list] Spanish placement tests

SenoraCasa senoracasa at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 23 10:23:14 EDT 2014

Our school, Blanco, has students test out of various levels (then get credit for) by passing the Credit By Exam out of U of Texas.  They recently lowered the passing rate to 80%.  Before we recommend that students take the test we do a mini version of our final.  Then we require students come to a couple of tutoring sessions so they become familiar with the exam format.  We like the objectivity of the CBE.
Hope this helps also.
Shirley Johnson