[TFLA-list] TFLA Spring Issue 2014 - Scavenger Hunt!

tina.dong at austinisd.org tina.dong at austinisd.org
Sat Jan 25 09:51:38 EST 2014

Dear TFLA Members,

I am excited to announce the scavenger hunt for the spring 2014 newsletter to receive one year of free membership. All you have to do is read this issue of the TFLA newsletter and answer the following questions. Please note that although all answers can be found in the newsletter, they may not appear in order. This scavenger hunt will be open until close of business on Friday, February 7. No email entries will be honored after 5:00pm on this date. You may send me your answers via this email address or you may send to: vpresident at tfla.info.

At that time, entries with all ten correct answers will be entered into a drawing from which three members will be selected to receive free TFLA membership for one year. Here is a link to the newsletter: http://www.tfla.info/publications/.

Many thanks to Journal Editor, David Timms, who always does such an excellent job with this publication! Thank you all for your membership and happy hunting while learning about the great LOTE happenings in Texas!
Tina

1. According to our President, we should all be advocates for what?
2. According to our President Elect, what is one of TFLA’s resolutions for the new year?
3. What is the theme for the TFLA/ACTFL 2014 fall convention in San Antonio?
4. On what page of the newsletter can you find a link to the TEA website with the proposed TEKS revisions for Languages Other Than English?
5. What are two examples of logographic languages mentioned in an article in this newsletter?
6. What do Lindsey and Amber want to do in terms of their respective foreign language programs?
7. Cádiz is located in which region of Spain? What claim to fame does the city have in terms of Hollywood films?
8. What is the Twitter hashtag used by language instructors around the nation to come together and discuss best practices?
9. What was at the heart of the discussion during the recent Thursday meeting of this Twitter group?
10. In the United States Congress, respectively, what percentage of the Senate and what percentage of the House of Representatives have second language ability?

Tina Dong
Instructional Coordinator, World Languages
Austin ISD, Department of Advanced Academic Services
Carruth Administration Center, A450
1111 W. 6th Street
Austin, Texas 78703

TFLA Vice President

Office: 512.414.4212
Fax: 512.414.9875
Mobile: 512.203.3496
E-mail: tina.dong at austinisd.org

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow.  Learn as if you were to live forever."  - Mahatma Gandhi

  Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential student and/or employee information. Unauthorized use of disclosure is prohibited under the federal Family Education Rights & Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. §1232g, 34 CFR Part 99, 19 TAC 247.2, t Code 552.023, Educ. Code 21.355, 29 CFR 1630.14(b)(c)). If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, copy or disseminate this information. Please call the sender immediately or reply by email and destroy all copies of the original message, including attachments.