[TFLA-list] Ennio Emmanuel concerts

Tracey Thomas tthomas at san-saba.net
Wed Feb 26 13:20:07 EST 2014

Thank you Pam Kaatz for telling all this amazing story!  I heard it from you at one of your "Verb Wall" workshops.  (sidenote--my students don't know how I ever taught without the verb wall!)  I, too, loved Justo and was a bit skeptical about Ennio.  This, of course, was not in the same way as you with your background.
My students LOVE Ennio and tease me when I say "He isn't hard on the eyes, either!"
The key is learning his music ahead of time, and it is a great thing to do with the last 5 min of class.
Saludos de mi pueblo en San Saba....

Tracey Thomas
tthomas at san-saba.net

The task of the excellent teacher is to stimulate "apparently ordinary" people to unusual effort.  The tough problem is not in identifying winners:  it is in making WINNERS out of ordinary people  ~Patricia Cross