[TFLA-list] Certification

Jaron Kunkel jaronkunkel at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 16 17:45:47 EDT 2014

Hello to all TFLAlisters,     I'm a 2nd year Spanish I and II teacher in Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD, and I have a question about certification for my wife. She completed 3 years of a 5 year degree plan in International business at a University in Guatemala some years ago. She worked as a Spanish teacher to tourists for 7 years before we married, and she is interested in teaching in public schools here. Does anyone know what the simplest route would be for her? I've heard of people sending transcripts to some place in Austin to be evaluated. Does anyone know if they would count her credits toward a degree here? If they determine that some of her credits are valid at a Texas university, there is also the question of what language the course is taught in. Her English is decent and improving, but a college course in English is something that she might not be able to do for a while yet. Does anyone have any suggestions?
--Jaron Kunkel