[TFLA-list] Professional Development

Amy Lenord amy.lenord at pisd.edu
Tue Apr 15 12:39:33 EDT 2014

Thank you for asking these questions. I can comment on the TFLA content question. Currently, TFLA is working on a new system of professional development for the future. While our plans are still under development, the goal is to offer more professional development opportunities more often. We have divided the state up into regions in which TFLA members should only have to drive a maximum of 2 hours to get to the provided PD offerings. The Regional Coordinators we are recruiting will be critical resources in organizing and implementing the content TFLA provides. We are very excited about the potential of these plans, so keep your ears open. The first opportunity for this type of PD will occur in the spring of 2015 when we will be offering two spring workshops, one in Lubbock and one in San Marcos. The learning strand will focus on the practical side of developing proficiency in your classrooms and it looks to be powerful!

Amy Lenord
TFLA President Elect