[TFLA-list] Free Webinars about Open Educational Resources (OERs)

Lisa Katzenstein lkatzen at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 15 13:04:50 EDT 2013

Fellow TFLA Members:

The Center for Open Educational Resources and Language Learning (COERLL) is offering a series of free webinars on OERs.  I attended the first one, which was excellent, this past week: "Finding Open Media For Foreign Language Instruction."  This presentation is posted on the far right side of the COERLL Web site, as well as the announcements for the other two upcoming workshops, "The Practice of Using and Teaching With OER," and " A Focus on SpinTX-An Open Video Archive for Language Learning":

http://coerll.utexas.edu/coerll/

These current OER webinars are one hour ones, offered on June 19 and June 26 at 3:00 pm. They are offering CPE credits. I recommend that TFLA members sign up for e-mails from COERLL, as they are doing some very good things with promoting OERs for foreign language teachers.

Lisa Katzenstein

Dallas, TX