[TFLA-list] Two Day Curriculum Workshop for Teachers of Arabic - August 12 & 13
Potter, Rose M
rpotter at austin.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 13 19:20:59 EDT 2013
The University of Texas at Austin Global Initiative for Education and Leadership Consortium Presents
The First UTGI Curriculum Workshop for Teachers of Arabic
Date: MON & TU, August 12 & 13 Time: 9 AM to 4 PM Room: C-101
Place: Hendrickson HS, 2905 FM 685, Pflugerville, TX 78660
August Intensive Arabic Language Program
ENROLLMENT LIMITED TO 30 – ENROLL TODAY!
About the Curriculum Workshop
two-day workshop will discuss best practices teaching Arabic as a foreign language, that includes using thematic-based standards curriculum, engaging all students through learner-centered activities, using the target language, and performance based assessment. The presenter will provide examples of pedagogical strategies and performance assessment that ensure best practices in implementing the curriculum units. In this interactive workshop there will be ample time for exchanging ideas, asking questions, and sharing among all participants.
Free Curriculum and Materials
Teachers will receive:
• Full curriculum units and instructional materials consisting of 32 thematic topics aligned with world language programs and developed with ACTFL proficiency guidelines in mind.
• A teacher’s guide to the objectives and active learning activities for all units ready for classroom use that support all skills: listening, speaking, reading, writing, and culture.
• Additional source to support their teaching, access to digital language drills that are aligned with the 32 topics and which students can access independently on their smart phones, computers, or iPads.
Arabic Curriculum Workshop two-day fee:
* Early Bird Enrollment before June 17, 2013: $100
* Regular Enrollment, Payment received on or after June 17, 2013: $200
Payment by check and US mail:
* Payment to the order of ALHAMBRA US CHAMBER.
* Address: Alhambra, 2400 Pearl St, Austin, TX 78705
* Application: include with payment.
By Phone: Credit Card or Pay Pal
* Payment Phone Number: 512 477-1454 (Payment only – not an inquiry contact)
* Scan and send by email attachment to: rpotter at austin.utexas.edu<mailto:rpotter at austin.utexas.edu> (your inquiry contact)
* Fax to: 512 232 4307
Applications are available through the link below or can be obtained by emailing Rose Potter @ rpotter at austin.utexas.edu<mailto:rpotter at austin.utexas.edu>
For More Information: http://www.utexas.edu/cola/progs/uteach/events/arabic-curriculum-workshop.php
More information about the TFLAlist