[TFLA-list] Spanish Curriculum

Kimberly Church kchurch at mckinneyisd.net
Wed May 22 15:08:33 EDT 2013

For my school of incoming 8th graders, we first look at their MAP scores, (counselors idea, not mine).  For me, the most important thing is that they can handle a lot of reading and writing, so I look at their English class scores, and speak to their English teachers to see if they can handle the workload.
In the first 2 weeks of class, they have a lot of essays and a lot of articles to read through, and if they can hang, I don't have them transferred out, and lighten the load a little for the ones that stay...