[TFLA-list] Spanish Curriculum

Ana Snyder Ana.Snyder at humble.k12.tx.us
Tue May 21 15:47:47 EDT 2013

Ignacio - thanks for sharing this with all of us  :)

I went to an AP workshop (Rice University) who's presenter was R. Batteiger.  She's at Bowie HS and was extremely informative!

Ana Snyder

Ana Snyder, MS Ed

Woodcreek Middle School
Spanish I & Beginning Spanish for Spanish Speakers
281-641-5288
"A Quest for Excellence"
ana.snyder at humble.k12.tx.us

>>> <iruiz at austinisd.org> 5/16/2013 1:28 PM >>>
I am attaching some of our curriculum and syllabuses that we have used. Maybe these will give you an idea. We have not used that textbook in years, and actually do not have a textbook for Spanish 3 Pre-AP. The Spanish 3 regulars (academic) also does not use a textbook. We've been making our own curriculum for years now. All I ask is that you give us credit when you do use some of our ideas. We do the same for each other.

Thanks. I hope this helps.

Ignacio Ruiz
Spanish
homepage: ruizbowie.weebly.com
841.4176

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
"The metaphor of the melting pot is unfortunate and misleading. A more accurate analogy would be a salad bowl, for, though the salad is an entity, the lettuce can still be distinguished from the chicory, the tomatoes from the cabbage."
- Carl N. Degler

^*^ ^*^ ^*^ ^*^ ^*^ ^*^ ^*^ ^*^ ^*^ ^*^ ^*^
"Los seres humanos no nacen para siempre el día en que sus madres los alumbran, sino que la vida los obliga a parirse a sí mismos una y otra vez."
Gabriel García Márquez

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.
>From Inspiration
( http://pinterest.com/amybde/inspiration/)  by Amy Edgington
( http://pinterest.com/amybde/)

Do or do not. There is no try.

Yoda

This email message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential student and/or employee information.  Unauthorized use of disclosure is prohibited under the federal Family Education Rights & Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. §1232g, 34 CFR Part 99, 19 TAC 247.2, Gov&#8217, t Code 552.023, Educ. Code 21.355, 29 CFR 1630.14(b)(c)).  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, copy or disseminate this information.  Please call the sender immediately or reply by email and destroy all copies of the original message, including attachments.