[TFLA-list] Spanish Curriculum

Robin Begley RBegley at smhall.org
Thu May 16 14:44:19 EDT 2013

We use the series, Descubre for our Spanish program for both Honors and "Regular" classes. We begin with Descubre 1 for high school and move throughout the series to Descubre 3 for level III.  The majority of those students are in 10th grade, however, we do a have a number of freshman who are accelerated in their linguistic abilities.  We add "readers" as well film study to enhance the students' learning in their reading comprehension, critical analysis both in print and film, essay writing and cultural enrichment.  For Middle School, we are changing things up a big and starting Descubre 1A for 7th grade and Descubre 1B for 8th grade.  The students begin Descubre 2 for level II in high school.

I hope this helps!

Sinceramente,

Robin Begley

[smhall logo]