[TFLA-list] IPAD

Penny Peek peekp at quitmanisd.net
Fri Sep 20 09:17:42 EDT 2013

A free App is duolingo.  It also has a website and can be used on
computers.  It reminds me of Rosetta Stone.  There is reading, writing
(typing), and listening.  Students can start at the beginning or take a
placement test and begin at their own level.  Students can even link to
others and compete.
Also, flashcards+ is a free App for making flashcards or using pre-made
ones.  You can even download ($1.99 more) a translator that pronounces the
Spanish word.  They do not have a website to use like duolingo does.
Of course, you can search podcasts and find topics that you're studying,
hook your i-pad up to your overhead projector (we use air-play for this),
and have them learn/practice with those hosting the podcast.  I have used
"Notes in Spanish" and "Spanish the EZ Way".
I, too, would like to know of any others....