[TFLA-list] language lab

Jane Shea jane.shea at pisd.edu
Wed Oct 30 14:23:01 EDT 2013

Laura-Jane Barber and I teach together and I cannot say enough good things about the Stevens Learning Systems lab.  It has really helped my students with their language proficiency. About 33% of my French 2 students placed in the top 10% of the nation last year on the National French Exam.

One fantastic feature is that  the headsets are stored in baskets that drop down electronically from the ceiling so in a matter of seconds, I can group my students together electronically  however I choose - groups of 2,3,5,8 . My colleague, Greg Shields, AP Spanish teacher extraordinaire, and I are doing a 3 hour  workshop at TFLA on Friday AM, November 8th (shameless plug!).  Workshop participants are going to be bussed to a school with a Stevens lab and we are going to demo great ways to use the labs with the workshop attendees actually participating in the various lab experiences aimed at growing student proficiency.

Jane Shea
French Teacher, French Club and French Honor Society Sponsor
LOTE Department Chair
Jasper High School
Plano, Texas